Is Herbalife a pyramid scheme?
A pyramid scheme is illegal due to its falsified compensation structure. A participant of a pyramid scheme only makes money by recruiting others into it, with high joining fees, requirements for further investment, false information and perceived urgency. By nature, pyramid schemes are not sustainable.
Here are the reasons why Herbalife Nutrition is not a pyramid scheme:
- Herbalife Nutrition independent distributors are compensated exclusively for sales of our products. We do not compensate our independent distributors for introduction or recruitment.
- Herbalife Nutrition has low joining fees. Our independent distributor Starter Pack costs £42. It includes: a branded shoulder bag, a canister of Formula 1 meal replacement shake, a shaker bottle, a scoop and educational materials. Upon joining, independent distributors get access to online training and the opportunity to set up their own online shop, free of charge.
- As part of our Gold Standard Guarantee, our independent distributors are also entitled to a 90-day money back guarantee. Which means that they get a full refund on their Starter Pack, should they wish to cancel their membership.
- With 40 years of direct selling experience, Herbalife Nutrition has extensive policies in place to help independent distributors build a sustainable business.
- Herbalife Nutrition invests extensively in research and development, in the last decade we have invested over $300 million into scientific development, manufacturing facilities and technology, including purchasing advanced testing equipment.
- Herbalife Nutrition has strict policies in place to protect all independent distributors and consumers. As part of our Gold Standard Guarantee, our independent distributors are entitled to a 12-month buy-back policy for unsold products. This means customers and independent distributors can return any and all unused products for a full refund within 12 months of purchase.
- Herbalife Nutrition strongly discourages independent distributors from buying inventory in bulk. We also prevent new independent distributors from placing large orders.
Herbalife Nutrition independent distributors work on their own, utilising our award-winning product range as their preferred business opportunity. Meaning they keep the freedom to run a business on their own terms.
According to the DSA official website, 89% of direct sellers decide to work part-time, looking for an opportunity to earn a supplementary income alongside their day-to-day work.
The Herbalife Nutrition business model allows independent distributors to work on their own schedule, at their own pace. And the opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals. Direct selling is hard work. There is no shortcut to riches, no guarantee of success.
Yet, not all Herbalife Nutrition independent distributors join to earn extra income through retail profit from product sales. The majority of our independent distributors join Herbalife Nutrition to buy products at a discount for their own use.